Organizing, Beautifying, and Disneyfing Life

Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Power of Persuasion

Good Morning!

I am super tired as I just picked up my Lacrosse stick last night for the first time since school got out and the season ended. I have gotten recruited to play for Pipeline for a tournament this weekend as they had no subs. It s gonna be GREAT......not. I am so out of shape and am not ready to play 6 games in less that 30 hours. YAY.

The power of persuasion is something that most people fall for, myself included. When my sister walked up to me and asked me to play this weekend I immediately said no. Of course then she walked off muttering to herself "Great, even more time on the field, someone is gonna die." I contemplated the pros and cons of playing this weekend for some time and finally decided that is would be me to die if anyone... Just kidding, I am not going to die.

Persuasion is something that everyone needs to look out for, because the person might not be persuading you to play in a lacrosse game that weekend, but they may be persuading you to do something really bad, that has the potential to kill you or ruin your life. Be smart about what you say yes to. If your immediate reaction is no, and it could be very harmful to you, them stick to no. Don't get pressured into doing something that can ruin you. Much of the time the person or group that is trying to get you to do something will say you are a scardey cat etc. Stick to your beliefs and most of the time that person or group will look up to you because you didn't give in and stood your ground.

Remember, if you give in one the person or group will realize that you are persuaded easily, and they will make you do even more things that you don't want to!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment